Sunday, January 16, 2011

Importing Google Earth Images and Surfaces into Civil 3D

Have you ever played with the Google Earth commands which allow you to bring in a image and a surface of what you have zoomed into on google earth? Well let me fill you in with the problem I know you have (or at least I have experienced). First and foremost it is very neat that Autodesk and Google go together good, however the first problem I have with one of them is that when I go to import an image it shows up as black & white. B&W? Really? I'm sure that will change with future releases. The second and most perplexing problem is when you try to import a surface into Civil 3D it starts good and hangs up around 50% everytime. The solution I have found that works is to install a older version of Google Earth. Try a version around 5.2 or so.

I will put a link to a older version here for you in a day or so.

2 comments:

  1. Randy, did you ever find that Google Earth 5.2 download? All I can find it 6+ and Civil 3D says it's not a compatible version.

    ReplyDelete